Thank you for your interest in Eta Omicron, the Columbia Chapter of the Eta Sigma Alpha National Home School Honor Society. This Columbia-based chapter was established in 2013 and is now accepting applications. Eta Omicron is open to all homeschoolers, regardless of religious preference, political affiliation, ethnic background, family structure or educational philosophy. You do not need to be a member of SC TOP to join, nor do you have to live in Columbia area. You can join and participate from anywhere in the state!
Our charter is open to 8th-12th grade eligible students for membership during his/her 9th-12th grade years. Eta Omicron’s main desire is to promote youth involvement in leadership and volunteer opportunities that will enrich their lives and leave lasting impressions. You can fulfill your volunteer requirements on your own in your own community or volunteer to assist this chapter in various online tasks/assignments (we’ll train you!)
- Applicant must have a 3.5 grade point average on a 4-point scale and must supply a transcript with his/her application. Transcript Assistance Service is available for additional fee.
- Applicant must provide proof of test scores from one of the following tests:
- SAT: 1200
- ACT: 26
- Pre-ACT 10 – (newly added) – 26
- PSAT: 1200
- PSAT 10 – 1170
- PSAT 8/9 for an 8th grade student – 1020
- PSAT 8/9 for a 9th grade student – 1090
- CLT: 88
- CLT 10 – (newly added) – 91
- CLT8/9 – TBA (pending notification form CLT)
- Stanford: 90%
- Iowa: 90%
- Terra Nova 90%
The test score must come from one complete test as super-scoring is not accepted. All test scores must be administered by someone other than the parent as parent administered tests are not accepted. All test results should be less than a year old. Click here for testing resources in South Carolina and online
- Actively participate in public service projects and submit 10 hours per year to Eta Omicron (due by May of the school year).
- Once accepted, you will receive membership certificate and pin.
- Optional: Recognition and induction in May each year at SC TOP’s End of the Year program/Graduation. Graduates are eligible for honor cord/tassle (for an additional fee).
- Applicant must complete and submit an application form including the name of the homeschooling accountability group (should we need verification of membership).
- Pay dues – $40.00 the first year which includes a pin, certificate, and member card. $25 for renewing members which includes annual certificate.
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com
Or contact Kim (SC TOP director) 803-348-2419